ChO&Co objective is to be compliant with the ISO 27001 requirements and conform to EU GDPR on personal data protection regulations with this policy.
As part of any recruitment process, Charles Oakes & Co. (“ChO&Co”) collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants and individuals within organisations requesting our services. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
ChO&Co collects a range of information about you. This may include:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in various locations.
ChO&Co may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in emails, application forms, business cards, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also, with your consent, collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers or colleagues.
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment or sales exercises. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
To facilitate our efficient use of your information, and to provide you with content and/or resources, or to fulfil a request you make of us, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractors and agents: from time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Such recipients will only have access to your personal information as required by them to perform their functions, and are not permitted to use such personal information for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Your personal information can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries, in or outside the European Union. We shall only transfer your data outside the EU to countries which the European Commission believes offers an adequate level of protection to you, or where ChO&Co has put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your information. Those countries include the United States of America.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where Oakes is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.